Please note, that at the artists’ request, the deadline for submitting application forms was extended until July 1, 2018. Therefore, the names of the artists participating in the exhibition shall be announced on July 16, 2018.
Krakow Arts Salon
The Krakow Arts Salon is a project implemented in the social space aimed at the promotion of visual arts as a field of culture. The essence of the project is to reinforce the visibility of visual arts through the agency of an event aimed at mass audience. The formula of the event comprises a combination of a modern format and intensiveness of festivals with a historic formula of an art salon. The Krakow Art Salon is an urban cultural event consisting of, among others, an exhibition of current works of artists related with Krakow, awarding prices for the most interesting works of the Salon and an auction of the works of art. The exhibition shall include works chosen by the Salon’s Selectors from among applications sent in a free call. An interdisciplinary Jury shall award prizes for the most interesting works of the Salon from among works presented at the exhibition. The prizes shall be awarded in the following categories: the Image of the Year, the Object of the Year, the Media Work of the Year, the Process of the Year and the Grand Prix of the Salon. Furthermore, one prize shall be awarded by the audience by way of voting.
The Krakow Arts Salon hereinafter referred to as the Salon is organised by:
the Krakow Festival Office – a municipal cultural institution entered into the register of cultural institutions conducted by the Municipality of Krakow with number 19, TIN: 676-17-87-436, REGON (Industry Identification Number): 31210040,
Fundacja Artyści Innowacja Teoria (F.A.I.T.), with its registered office in Krakow (30-103), at ul. Włóczków 11a/10, entered into the National Court Register for Krakow-Śródmieście, in Krakow, 11th Commercial Division with number: 0000238531, TIN: 676 23 00 494; REGON (Industry Identification Number): 120082835,
hereinafter jointly referred to as the Organisers.
OBJECTIVES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE SALON
1. The objectives of the Krakow Arts Salon include, in particular:
a) a broad presentation and popularisation of the attainment of the Krakow visual artists’ environment;
b) a development of audience of cultural events related with visual arts and stimulating the interest and social responsibility of inhabitants for culture-formative processes in Krakow;
c) a development of the local art market, artistic criticism and private galleries and therefore, developing an effectively operating ecosystem of visual arts in Krakow;
d) increasing the prestige and presence of visual arts in the city’s social space;
e) implementation of the event ensuring a broad and direct access to public support for a broad group of creators and the event aimed at a broad group of recipients.
2. The Krakow Arts Salon involves, among others, organising an exhibition of works of art in order to promote visual arts as a field of culture and selecting from among presented works the most interesting ones that shall be awarded with financial prizes.
3. The Krakow Arts Salon lasts from 26 April until 21 October 2018, whereas, the exhibition itself shall take place at the Palace of Art at pl. Szczepański 4, 31-011 Krakow, on 12-21 October 2018.
4. Categories in which prizes shall be awarded within the Krakow Arts Salon:
a) the Painting of the Year,
b) the Object of the Year,
c) the Media Work of the Year,
d) the Process of the Year,
e) the Grand Prix of the Salon,
f) the People’s Choice Award,
whereas, the above categories have an illustrative character, the Organisers reserve and the Jury of the Salon has the discretion in qualifying the Salon’s works to a given category.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The Krakow Arts Salon can be participated by natural persons hereinafter referred to as Artists, who at the moment of submitting the Application Form shall be of age and shall have full capacity to enter into legal transactions. Apart from the majority condition, the Arts Salon has no age limits for Artists.
2. Works submitted to participate in the Salon can be performed individually, collectively or in artistic groups.
3. Participation in the Salon is free of charge, which means that the Organisers charge no fees for Artists’ participation in the Krakow Arts Salon, yet, the Artists do not receive any royalties due to the participation in the Salon any no costs are reimbursed, among others: travelling, stay, insurance of the work, transport of the work etc.
4. The Organisers do not provide any audio and visual equipment or other devices necessary to show the work submitted for the Salon, if the work is inseparably connected with specific features of such a device, in particular, its technical requirements, parameters, set size etc., unless the Organisers decide otherwise under individual agreements made with the Artist. The Organisers reserve the right to oblige the Artist to provide full equipment necessary for displaying a work of intermedia or performative character under pain of excluding from the Salon.
5. The Krakow Arts Salon is addressed at Artists connected with widely understood Krakow environment e.g. born in Krakow, residing in Krakow, graduates or students of Krakow artistic universities, persons implementing their artistic projects in the Krakow environment, irrespectively of age, education (young Artists, retired Artists, professional Artists, amateurs and naïve creators), performing widely understood visual arts such, as: painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, object, photography, performance, video, intermedia works etc.
6. Technique and theme of works are discretionary.
7. Works submitted to the Salon must be performed not earlier than on 1 January 2017, irrespectively of the fact, if the work has been publicly exhibited.
8. Each Artist can report no more than three works. In the case of an electronic application, the website shall automatically generate at maximum three applications within one form (after marking quantity in the relevant window). In the case of an application in paper, the Artist is obliged to submit no more than three forms – separate for each submitted work referred to in par. 4, particularly in section 1). A collective or an artistic group can submit only one work to the Salon. Submitting a work performed by the Artist within a collective or an artistic group does not exclude submission of the Artist’s individual work to the Salon, in compliance with the Regulations’ provisions.
PRINCIPLES OF APPLICATION TO THE KRAKOW ARTS SALON
1. In order to participate in the Krakow Arts Salon, the Artist submits an application by filling in an online form via website: www.krakowskisalonsztuki.pl or by submitting a printed out and filled in by hand application available on the website: www.krakowskisalonsztuki.pl, as well as at the F.A.I.T. Gallery at ul. Ujejskiego 2a, in Krakow, and in selected institutions in Krakow (a detailed list of institutions available on the website: www.krakowskisalonsztuki.pl).
2. Application forms should be sent as of 26 April 2018 until 1 July 2018, with a reservation that forms in a written form should be delivered to the address: Fundacja Artyści Innowacja Teoria F. A. I. T., ul. Ujejskiego 2a, 30-102 Krakow – in person or by post. Keeping the deadline is decided with a postmark date (a paper form) or a date of sending the form via the website: www.krakowskisalonsztuki.pl, registered by the website at the moment of sending the form (an electronic form).
3. At the stage of submitting an application form Artists do not send original works to the Organisers.
4. The Artist is obliged to deliver together with a filled in application form, in a printed out form, colourful reproductions of submitted works in a form of printed out photographs or saved in a digital form on a CD/DVD.
5. In the case of an electronic application the reproduction of works referred to in section 4 above should be sent as an annex, via an online application form.
6. Specification for graphic files on a CD/DVD and in an online application form: JPG, PNG or PDF format with a resolution of at least 300 dpi and a size not larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels and not smaller than 1200 x 800 pixels for the reproduction of particular work, or in PDF format for several-handed documentation, the file should not be bigger than 10MB in any of the cases.
7. In the case of an intermedia or performative work, the Artist is obliged to additionally include in the application form a detailed description of the work together with the measurements of the work, photographic documentation of performed work, full specification of the equipment necessary for displaying the work – quantitative and qualitative, together with parameters, technical requirements of the equipment etc. The Artist should attach to the form files referred to in section 4, section 6 above or section 8 below, depending on the form in which they submit the application form (photographs or a film describing, documenting the work).
8. Video files can be submitted by providing a link to a website/Internet disk, where they have been saved and a password in the online application form, in the case of submitting an application online, or on a CD/DVD in mp4 or avi formats in the case of submitting an application by post. The file should not be bigger than 20MB.
9. The Artist, whose work has been qualified for the exhibition, is obliged to send to the Organisers via email or by post a written biographical note, detailed information regarding the bibliographical note shall be forwarded by the Organiser after selection of works.
10. Materials sent with an application form shall not be returned to the Artist upon the completion of the Salon (it does not apply to contest works).
QUALIFICATION OF WORKS TO THE KRAKOW ARTS SALON AND PRINCIPLES OF PARTICIPATION
1. Qualification of works to the Salon shall be conducted in two stages.
a) formal-technical verification in compliance with the principles stipulated in par. 4 of the Regulations;
b) choosing works from among applications sent by the Salon’s Selectors: Magdalena Kownacka – art historian and Gaweł Kownacki – artist, representatives of Fundacja Artyści Innowacja Teoria (F.A.I.T.) with its registered office in Krakow, in compliance with the criteria such as: work’s artistic values, originality and adequacy of the artistic workshop for the theme addressed in the work, work theme’s interpretation.
2. In the period until announcing a list of Artists invited to participate in the Salon, the Selectors can turn to chosen Artists with a proposition of organising a study visit at the Artist’s workshop, in particular, in the case of difficulties in assessing the work on the grounds of a photographic documentation and a description.
3. After the formal-technical verification, the Selectors shall chose works which shall be presented at the exhibition within the Krakow Arts Salon in the period between 12 and 21 October 2018.
4. A number of works displayed at the Salon depends on the level of sent applications.
5. The Jury of the Salon consisting of artists in various fields of art i.e. theatre, literature, music, visual arts, film as well as the Salon’s audience shall award prizes from among works submitted to the Salon and chosen by the Selectors, to the most interesting works in the categories indicated in par. 6 section 2 of the Regulations, on the grounds of the criteria indicated in section 1 point b) above.
6. Decisions of the Selectors and the Contest’s Jury are final and irrevocable.
7. The Salon’s Organiser reserves the right to reject contest works at each stage of the Salon’s organisation without justification.
8. Information on qualifying works to the Krakow Arts Salon selected in compliance with section 1 points a) and b) above, shall be sent to Artists via email to the email address provided in the application form and shall be published on the website: www.krakowskisalonsztuki.pl, in the period until 30 June 2018.
9. Authors of works qualified to the exhibition within the Krakow Arts Salon (in compliance with section 1 points a) and b) above) are obliged to deliver works chosen by the Selectors to the address: the Palace of Art at pl. Szczepański 4, 31-011 Krakow within the period of 3 and 4 October 2018, between 11:00 a.m. and 06:00 p.m. (the date of actual delivery of the work to the Organiser counts) under pain of exclusion from the Salon.
10. Delivered works should be technically prepared for display and marked with a specification of the following data: name and surname of the Artist, a title of the work, a technique, measurements, a date of creating the work. Delivered works should be secured in proper packaging possible to be used for return packaging. The receipt of works delivered to the Organiser shall be preceded with writing a hand-over report in the case of sending works. The Organiser reserves the right to unilaterally write a hand-over report in the case the Artist delivers the work in a manner other than in person or by an authorised representative.
11. The costs of delivery and receipt of works as well as any additional work’s insurance for the period of transport and exhibition are solely incurred by the Artist.
12. The Organisers are in no way liable for possible damages to works during transport or exhibition, if they have not been caused by the Organisers’ fault or gross negligence.
13. The Organisers provide exhibition space, assembly and disassembly of works during the exhibition. The manner of displaying particular works is decided on by the Salon’s Selectors or the Organisers responsible for the arrangement of the exhibition in agreement with the works’ authors, however, the final decision as to the manner of display and assembly is taken by the Selectors or the Organisers.
14. Works that have not been included in the auction or have not been sold within the auction shall be collected after terminating the Salon. The Artist undertakes to collect works in person or through the agency of a representative authorised in writing, within a deadline between 22 and 23 October 2018 at 11:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m., upon signing a hand-over report. The works shall be collected at the Palace of Art at pl. Szczepański 4, 31-011 Krakow. The Organiser can agree with Artists individually on specific dates and hours of collecting works.
15. In the case of a failure to collect the work and inform the Organisers of the impossibility of collecting it on the set date due to important reasons, such works can be sent to Artists at their cost.
1. From among works displayed at the exhibition within the Krakow Arts Salon, the Jury shall select the most interesting works which shall be awarded with financial prizes.
2. Financial prizes (hereinafter referred to as “Prizes”) shall be awarded in the following categories and amounts:
a) the Image of the Year – PLN 6,000,
b) the Object of the Year – PLN 6,000,
c) the Media Work of the Year – PLN 6,000,
d) the Process of the Year – PLN 6,000,
e) The People’s Choice Award – PLN 6,000
f) the Salon’s Grand Prix – for the best work of the exhibition – in the amount of PLN 20,000.
3. Prizes referred to in section 2 above are subject to tax in compliance with the general principles, i.e. the amount of the Prize shall be deducted with the value of the income tax contribution in compliance with the binding legal provisions.
4. Prizes, with an exception of the People’s Choice Award, shall be awarded by the Jury.
5. The Jury has the right not to award any prize in a given category with a consideration of the level of sent works. In such a case, within the Prizes referred to in section 2 above, it is permitted to award more than one financial prize in other category, at the Jury’s discretion. It is also permitted to grant additional distinctions of a non-financial character.
6. The People’s Choice Award shall be granted by the audience of the Krakow Arts Salon by voting (voting cards shall be available within the premises of the exhibition).
7. The prizes shall be announced on 19 October 2018 and published on the website: www.krakowskisalonsztuki.pl.
8. Artists participating in the Salon shall be provided with the possibility of personal participation in the closing day of the Krakow Arts Salon.
9. Prizes shall be paid to Artists selected by the Jury, i.e. indicated by the Jury in the minutes of the Jury’s session, within 14 days as of announcing the Salon’s results, via a wire transfer on the condition of prior providing by the Artist his or her identification data necessary for the wire transfer and to perform the Organisers’ obligations resulting from tax provisions. The Organisers shall inform the Artist of the type of data the Artist should provide.
Sending an application from by the Artist is equal with:
a) reading and accepting these Regulations as well as the terms and conditions of participation in the Krakow Arts Salon;
b) consent to entrusting the work qualified for participation in the Salon to the Organisers for a period of the exhibition for the purposes of its public presentation as of delivering the work until the moment of collecting it in compliance with par. 5 of the Regulations;
c) granting the Organisers of the Krakow Arts Salon with a non-exclusive consent to free, not restricted by time or territory, performance and use of the reproduction of works, as well as the documentation regarding the submitted contest work in all possible forms, among others: print, photography, audio and/or video and a consent to publish, share, broadcast or reemit this reproduction, in full or in part, in all actions and publications related with the Salon, including the Internet, among others, of information or promotional character regarding the Krakow Arts Salon and related activity of the Organisers, partners or sponsors, including archiving, reporting and information;
d) the Artist’s declaration that the submitted contest work and all components thereof constitute a result of solely his or her creation and do not infringe any property or personal rights of third parties. Furthermore, the Artist undertakes that as of the end of the exhibition within the Krakow Arts Salon he or she shall not make any dispositions of royalties, grant any licences to exercise those rights and shall no limit in any manner exercising author’s moral rights which would prevent the Artist from participating in the Salon and, in particular, would prevent work’s display at the exhibition,
e) expressing consent to the use of the Artist’s personal data as well as his or her image and voice for the purposes related with organisation or execution of the Krakow Arts Salon, in compliance with provisions of the binding in the territory of Poland Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights of 4 February 1994,
f) expressing an irrevocable, not restricted by time or territory, free consent to the publication of the biographical information on the Artist forwarded by the Artist or accepted by him or her biographical contents prepared by the Organisers together with granting an irrevocable, not restricted by time or territory, free licence to publish biographical materials forwarded by the Artist to the Organisers with the right to grant further consents and licences as well as with the stipulated in the same manner right to exercise dependent rights thereto related with the possibility of editing or shortening, as required by the Organisers, without an impact on the information regarding the Artist included therein, to use in all known fields of exploitation, in particular in all possible forms, among others: print, photography, audio and/or video and consents to publishing, sharing, broadcasting or reemitting, in full or in part, in all events and publications related with the Salon, including the Internet, among others, of informative or promotional character regarding the Krakow Arts Salon and related therewith activity of the Organisers, partners or sponsors, including archiving and reporting.
2. Providing personal data by the Artist is voluntary, yet, necessary for participation in the Krakow Arts Salon. The Artist has the right to view his or her data and to demand correcting them. Personal data of the Salon’s Participants shall be processed by Organisers solely with regard to the execution or organisation of the Salon, including, in order to execute provisions hereof, in particular, for the purposes of publicising information on the participation in the exhibition executed within the Salon, information on the awarded prize, or publicly announcing the name and surname of the Artist as well as his or her image, voice, the title of the work, the date of creating the work presented at the Salon or in order to conduct auction, if the Artist decides to sell his or her work at the auction referred to in par. 8 below.
3. The Artist’s personal data shall be administered by Fundacja Artyści Innowacja Teoria (F.A.I.T.), with its registered office in Krakow (30-103), at ul. Włóczków 11a/10, entered into the National Court Register for Krakow-Śródmieście, in Krakow, 11th Commercial Division with number: 0000238531, TIN: 676 23 00 494; REGON (Industry Identification Number): 120082835. Artists’ personal data shall be also disclosed to the Salon’s Organiser – the Krakow Festival Office.
1. Within the Krakow Arts Salon an auction shall be conducted, the object of which shall comprise sale of the works of art presented within the Krakow Arts Salon.
2. Participation in the auction is not obligatory.
3. Solely the works chosen by the Selectors for the exhibition shall be admitted to the auction, in compliance with par. 5 above.
4. The Artist whose work has been chosen to be displayed at the exhibition can declare participation in the auction consisting in conducting an auction of the work submitted to the Salon by the Organisers on behalf of the Artist. Detailed information shall be sent to the Artist in correspondence informing on qualifying the work for display at the Salon.
5. The Artist, whose work has been chosen by Selectors to the exhibition, reporting a willingness to participate in the auction shall be obliged to conclude a separate agreement with the Organisers on selling the Artist’s work within an auction.
6. In the agreement on conducting the auction of the work the Artist shall be particularly obliged to, among others, declare the value that shall be the minimum sale price of the work submitted to the Salon and other significant terms and conditions of selling the work shall be stipulated.
7. Revenues from the auction shall be divided in the following manner: 50% of obtained sale price of the work, after deducting public and legal liabilities, shall be forwarded to the Artist and 50% of obtained sale price after deducting public and legal liabilities shall be retained by the Organizers entirely for the organization of the next edition of the Krakow Arts Salon.
8. Detailed regulations of the auction shall constitute a separate document.
1. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the principles and contents of the Regulations at any time.
2. In all matters not settled herein, the decisions shall be taken by the Organisers.
3. Any information regarding the contest is provided by: Marta Bryś – the representative of the Organisers for contacts with Artists, email: email@example.com.
4. The Contest is not conducted pursuant to the Act of 29 January 2004 on the Public Procurement Law (the consolidated text of the Journal of Laws of 2015, item 2164), and is not a lottery/gamble pursuant to the Act on Gambling (consolidated text of the Journal of Laws 2018, item 165).